Hey, it’s me! Kat, that is. So glad to have you come by!
So, I suppose since you clicked on the “About Me” page, you probably want to know some things… well, about me. So here we go.
First off, you ought to know that I write. Obsessively. It’s crack to me. Seriously, I have been accused of acting like I’m on a high after doing an intense writing session. Do I mind? Absolutely not.
Secondly, you should know that I’m 19 years old. Or maybe next should come the fact that I’m introverted? Or maybe that I quote books and movies incessantly? Well, how about all of those! Yes, let’s go with that.
Anyway, I could spend years trying to think of all the little tidbits to tell you to give you a snapshot of me, but I’m just not good at that. And I’m a writer, and that’s what I’m supposed to do, so I have no excuses. So, here’s just some random facts that might help.
- I don’t live in Hawaii, or eat vegan, or have ten pet cats, or make a living by selling tortoise shells. I’m basically pretty boring. However, I do have all sorts of cool stuff happen in my head, like swashbuckling adventures and near-death escapes and battling dragons…
- If I found a magic lamp with a genie inside who’d grant me three wishes, I’d ask the genie, “Why three?” That’s just the sort of person I am. I’d also ask him why genies liked lamps and bottles.
- I have no other hobbies besides writing. I’ll engage in other activities on occasion, but only writing do I embrace as my hobby (though this may change; don’t want to make the same mistake I did last time).
- If I were to pick three fictional characters I was like, I’d say Go Go (Big Hero 6), Tigress (Kung Fu Panda 2) and Eowyn (The Lord of the Rings… BOOKS). (those are random, off the top of my head) I would say Elsa, but she’s all the rage for everyone, so it wouldn’t mean as much…
- My ironclad triumvirate of favorite authors (those whom I account my all-time favorite authors, whose books I would take on a desert island and basically can’t live without and won’t ever grow tired or stale) are J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, and N. D. Wilson. It is pure coincidence that they all have initials. (An up-and-coming new series threatening to contend to join is Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson and the Olympians series)
- I have a Twitter account @JustKatness (get it? Kat-ness? I know… add lame sense of humor to my list of talents 😀 ), where I basically retweet everybody else’s way cooler tweets, and occasionally contribute a tweet or two of my own. About random stuff from my life. Just me-ness.
- I’ve been homeschooled my life, and never been sorry. I’m soooo grateful to my parents for going to all the work to do this! “You saved our lives. We are eternally grateful.” (quote from the aliens in Toy Story… don’t say I didn’t warn you on the quoting 😀 )
- I write strictly fantasy (almost). With the exception of a few failed attempts at sci-fi, I stick only to fantasy.
- When I was younger, I was exceeding pompous. My characters were always like, “And from thence I shall journey toward the sunrise for the span of a fortnight, and thus meet my fate forthwith.” It seldom even made much sense. There is still a part of me that likes a certain amount of pomp at the proper time in a story. But now at least I make sure it makes sense, and isn’t just a bunch of random, pompous words strung together.
- I sometimes write poetry, but not as a habit.
Okay, I just realized that most of those all kind of related to writing somehow. So, sorry, here’s some other random facts that have nothing to do with writing.
- I had braces all over my mouth when I was 14.
- I have an odd obsession with all things Batman (Real Batman, as in Batman Begins Batman. As in Christian Bale, not Adam West). Even my sweatshirt says “I’m not saying I’m Batman, I’m just saying no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together”. However, Batman is only one of my favorite superheroes, having to contend with Thor and Superman (Real Superman, as in Man of Steel Superman).
- I have action-packed dreams that make my sisters roll their eyes. They say they wake up exhausted after dreams like that. I wake up exhilarated.
- I’m 5′ 5″ and have green eyes and hair that is somewhere between brown, blonde, and red. I love it.
- I’m an identity freak. So much so that I begrudged having to show my ID to the TSA agent at the airport. Definitely a freak.
- I love costumes. I could have a section of my wardrobe dedicated to costumes. As it is, I don’t have any (yet… 🙂 ).
- If I could eliminate one phrase from the American vernacular, it would be “poke my eyes out with sharp sticks”. I HATE this one!! It makes me squirm in imaginary pain every time!
- I believe in magic, dreams, true love, and lazy afternoons.
- I like speed, symmetry, fuzzy blankets, and ketchup (KEHTCH-up, not KATS-up.).
- And I should add, I’m also pretty bad at writing bios.
Well, I think that’s it for now. At least you know something about me. 🙂 What’s something about you? I’d love to hear it in the comments!
I’ll see you around, and thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions or comments, or just have something you want to say (and also, if you want to reach me more privately than the comments), you can contact me here! I’d love to hear from you!!